1.I am currently studying abroad. Can I transfer to Akdeniz University?
-International Students may apply to transfer if the quota is available for the relevant diploma programme.
-If the quota is not available, you may not. The Quotas: Transfer quotas are announced on the website https://oidb.akdeniz.edu.tr/ during July and August.
2.What is the application dates for transfer process?
Application Dates: Applications are accepted during August each year.
The Quotas: Transfer quotas are announced on the website https://oidb.akdeniz.edu.tr/ during July and August.
Please follow the dates on https://oidb.akdeniz.edu.tr/
3.How can I submit the application documents?
Applications are accepted online between the announced dates.
Applications by mail, e-mail, cargo or in person will not be accepted.
Application link : https://obs.akdeniz.edu.tr/oibs/hoa_app/login.aspx
Application link will only be activated within the application dates in August.
Please follow the dates on https://oidb.akdeniz.edu.tr/
4.I am currently studying at a Turkish University in Türkiye as an international student. Can I transfer to Akdeniz University?
- Students who are currently studying under the frame of the international student admission process in one of the Turkish universities are allowed to apply to transfer to Akdeniz University.
- The terms and conditions for domestic transfer are valid.
The placement score for transfer process is calculated as below;
In Türkiye, students are only accepted to the universities with the result of YKS Exam (Central Placement Exam).
However, international students are accepted through the results of the Akdeniz University International Student Exam (AKDENİZ YÖS) which organized by our university.
Therefore, the additional placement score (YKS Exam Score) is accepted as zero ‘0’ for the international students.
5.How can I apply to transfer?
-The application must be submitted between the dates announced through the online application system, and must have the following documents must be uploaded to the system;
-Important note: Original of the documents must be submitted at the moment of final registration and Notarized Turkish translation of the required documents (from an embassy or accredited translator) must be submitted.
- Transcript (An original official document issued by the institution from which the student is transferring which lists the lessons which the student has taken, and the grades which the student has been awarded in these lessons accompanied by the Grade Conversion Table.
- A Certificate of Education
- For programmes in which the courses are totally or partially offered in a foreign language, an authorized copy of the Foreign Language Preparation Certificate awarded to students who have attended the Foreign Language Preparation Class, is required if the student’s transcript does not include the acceptable level of foreign language proficiency.
- A document which shows that the student has not been the subject of any disciplinary action, or received any form of punishment.
- An authorised copy of central placement examination results certificate (YKS Exam) which shows that the student is qualified to take up a place in a higher education institution.
- An official document which shows that a candidate who is applying for transfer from evening classes to full-time formal education has achieved grades which place him or her in the top 10% of his or her class at the end of the academic year.
- Course Contents
- Students applying for a transfer must attach to their application a list of lessons, and documents relating to the student rating system from their home university.
6.How can learn the application results?
-transfer evaluation results will be published on the web pages of the relevant faculties/departments.
7.What are the details of transfer from abroad?
- Transfers from abroad can only be allowed if the higher education institution to which the transfer will be made is among the list of institutions whose equivalency is accepted by the Presidency of the Higher Education Institution (CoHE), and only if the diploma programme on which the student is registered is accepted by our university as being equivalent to the associate degree or undergraduate degree programme to which the student has applied.
- Students who wish to apply for a transfer from universities in other countries are required to have attended an educational institution in a foreign country for a minimum of one year, excluding foreign language preparation classes, and the general grade point average achieved by students during the courses from which they will transfer must be at least 3.00 out of 4 or 80 out of 100. Transfers at the end of the first year cannot be permitted for students coming from a higher education institution in which examinations are not held at the end of the first year.
- (For the students having YKS Exam Scores) In order to transfer to Akdeniz University from abroad, the central placement score of the students in the year they were admitted to the higher education institution must be equal or higher than the general quota base score for the same year of the programme which they wish to transfer to. These students are not required to be totally successful in all courses. Transfers through the central placement score will be considered separately from the quotas for transfers from abroad.
- Transfer from the Private Higher Education Institutions which are not signified in the Guide to ÖSYS (Guide to Student Selection and Placement Exam) in the year students were admitted will not be allowed.
- Students applying for transfer to the Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine from other countries are given precedence if the Faculty of Medicine at which they are currently studying is accredited by institutions recognized by the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), or the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA).
8.Do I need to submit Turkish Language Proficiency?
- An acceptable level of proficiency in the Turkish language is required before a student can be allowed to start any educational or training courses, with the exception of candidates who are eligible to register for programmes in which all courses are in a foreign language or languages.
- If the applicant who has totally completed his/her secondary education in Turkey, or in the Turkish Schools which are founded by the Turkish Ministry of Education in a foreign country or has a diploma (associate, undergraduate, master or doctorate degree) awarded for a programme in which the language of instruction is 100% Turkish from a university inside or outside Turkey, that person will not be required to take the Turkish Proficiency Certificate
- The Turkish Proficiency Levels of candidates who are given a place on an academic programme will be determined according to the following criteria;
-Their results in the Turkish Proficiency Test administered by the Akdeniz University-TÖMER,
-The Turkish Proficiency Certificate awarded by Akdeniz University-TÖMER,
-The Turkish Proficiency Certificate awarded by a Yunus Emre Institution.
Candidates who have reached the required Certificate of Turkish Proficiency standard (C1 ad C2) may begin their courses at Akdeniz University.
- Candidates who do not submit the required Turkish Proficiency Certificate before they start their courses will be given a deferment for a period of one year after registration. This is to allow them to improve their standard of Turkish Proficiency to the required level. Candidates who achieve the required Turkish Proficiency Certificate at the end of their 1st deferment period will be permitted to start their courses at the beginning of the following academic year.
- Candidates will have their registrations cancelled if they fail to reach the required standard in the Turkish Proficiency Examination in the two years following their registration in the Turkish Education Programme.
9.How does the adaptation process (ECTS) work?
(1)In cases in which there are courses which the student did not take in the previous semesters, students may be required to attend an Adaptation Programme with additional courses.
a.When evaluating applications for transfers from abroad, the time limit imposed on credit transfers as specified in Article 7/1/b of ‘The Regulations on Course Issues, Examinations and Success Assessment of Akdeniz University’ is not taken into consideration for courses which the student has previously taken.
Comparisons between courses which the student has previously taken, and the courses offered in the diploma programme to which the student has applied to transfer will be made by the relevant commissions, and a decision will be made about which semester or grade the student will start on according to the following criteria;
- If the total number of ECTS credits of the exempted courses is from 1 to 39 ECTS, the student will study on year 1 of the course;
- If the total number of ECTS credits of the exempted courses is from 40 to 99 ECTS, the student will study on year 2 of the course;
- If the total number of ECTS credits of the exempted courses is from 100 to 159 ECTS, the student will study on year 3 of the course;
- If the total number of ECTS credits of the exempted courses is at least 160 ECTS or more, the student will study on year 4 of the course.
In programmes for which the Pass-Fail grading system is used, the student must take any missing courses the year before starting his or her studies in the academic year to which the student has been transferred.
Within the Adaptation Process, successfully completed courses which have previously been taken will be transferred and they will be included for calculating the GPA.
b.In cases where the courses which the student has previously taken were not indicated in the transcript as being assessed by the ‘’letter grade system’’, these courses will be accepted at a grade of ‘’CC’, in accordance with principles set out in ‘The Regulation on Course Issues, Examination and Success Assessment of Akdeniz University’.
(2)Transfer students are allowed to start the academic year at the same time with current students. Registration process is completed by confirmation letter which is signed by the applicant for agreeing the adaptation process and the curriculum.
10.What is the Tuition Fee for international students?
Please click here to view the tuition fees for 2022-2023 academic year.
11.What is the language of instruction at Akdeniz University?
Turkish is the main language of instruction at Akdeniz University with the exception of programmes which are listed as providing all courses in a foreign language or languages. The programmes in which the whole of the course is taught in a foreign language are;
Programmes offered with 100% German
- German Language and Literature Undergraduate Programme
- German Language and Literature Master’s Degree Programme
Programmes offered with 100% English
- English Language and Literature Undergraduate Programme
- English Language and Literature Master’s Degree Programme
- English Language and Literature PhD Programme
- Tourism Management Undergraduate Programme
- International Tourism Management Master’s Programme
- Computer Engineering Undergraduate Programme
- Computer Engineering Master’s Degree Programme
- Computer Engineering PhD Programme
- Agricultural Biotechnology Master’s Degree Programme
- Agricultural Biotechnology PhD Programme
- Gene and Cell Therapy, Master’s Degree Programme
- Agricultural Biotechnology PhD Programme
Programmes offered with at least 30% English
(Some of the courses are partially offered with English)
- Electrics and Electronics Engineering Undergraduate Programme
- Environmental Engineering Undergraduate Programme
- Agricultural Biotechnology Undergraduate Programme
- Gereontology Undergraduate Programme
- English Language Teaching Undergraduate Programme
Programmes offered with at least 30% Russian
- Russian Language and Literature Undergraduate Programme
Programmes offered with at least 30% Arabic
Attendance is compulsory for all courses at Akdeniz University. Students must attend a minimum of 80% of the classes for their applied courses and a minimum of 70% of the classes for their theoretical courses. Students who do not attend the required number of classes will not be allowed to take their examinations, and they will be required to repeat the same course the following year.
-International Students may stay at the Credit and Hostels Institution affiliated to the Ministry of Youth and Sports. However, since the quota reserved for International Students is very limited, they can mostly stay in private dormitories/pensions around the campus.
-They can also find the opportunity to rent a house around the campus.
-Kredi Ve Yurtlar Kurumu (Credit and Hostels Institution) https://kygm.gsb.gov.tr/ :
In order to apply to the Ministry for hostels, foreign higher education students in Türkiye must have a Foreigner Identification Number which is obtained from Republic of Türkiye Ministry of Interior. As students who do not have a Foreigner Identification Number will not be able to apply for hostels, it is of great importance for you to obtain your Foreigner Identification Number beforehand.
-International Students can submit the necessary documents for residence permit to the Registrar's Office of the Student Affairs Office after completing the registration process for the program they have been placed in.
-Students themselves follow the necessary procedures to extend the residence permit period:https://antalya.goc.gov.tr/
-Akdeniz University does not offer scholarship for international students.
-You can find all details about the Turkish scholarships from following webpage: https://turkiyeburslari.gov.tr/tr
Son güncelleme : 7.06.2023 16:29:50