TRANSFER APPLICATION PROCESS
FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE STUDYING AT UNIVERSITIES ABROAD
Online Application: Link is not available yet. Please follow the announcements.
Application Period: 17 August - 4 September, 2020
Announcement of the Application Results: 11 September, 2020
Registration Period: 14-18 September, 2018
Registration Period for substitute candidates: 21-25 September, 2020.
- Transfers from abroad can only be allowed if the higher education institution to which the transfer will be made is among the list of institutions whose equivalency is accepted by the Presidency of the Higher Education Institution (YÖK), and only if the diploma programme on which the student is registered is accepted by our university as being equivalent to the associate degree or undergraduate degree programme to which the student has applied.
- Students who wish to apply for a transfer from universities in other countries are required to have attended an educational institution in a foreign country for a minimum of one year, excluding foreign language preparation classes, and the general grade point average achieved by students during the courses from which they will transfer must be at least 3.00 out of 4 or 80 out of 100. Transfers at the end of the first year cannot be permitted for students coming from a higher education institution in which examinations are not held at the end of the first year.
- In order to transfer to Akdeniz University from abroad, the central placement score of the students in the year they were admitted to the higher education institution must be equal or higher than the general quota base score for the same year of the programme which they wish to transfer to. These students are not required to be totally successful in all courses. Transfers through the central placement score will be considered separately from the quotas for transfers from abroad.
- Students applying for transfer to the Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine from other countries are given precedence if the Faculty of Medicine at which they are currently studying is accredited by institutions recognized by the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), or the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA).
- An acceptable level of proficiency in the Turkish language is required before a student can be allowed to start any educational or training courses, with the exception of candidates who are eligible to register for programmes in which all courses are in a foreign language or languages. If the applicant who has totally completed his/her secondary education in Turkey, or in the Turkish Schools which are founded by the Turkish Ministry of Education in a foreign country or has a diploma (associate, undergraduate, master or doctorate degree) awarded for a programme in which the language of instruction is 100% Turkish from a university inside or outside Turkey, that person will not be required to take the Turkish Proficiency Certificate. The Turkish Proficiency Levels of candidates who are given a place on an academic programme will be determined according to the following criteria;
- Their results in the Turkish Proficiency Test administered by the Akdeniz University-TÖMER,
- The Turkish Proficiency Certificate awarded by Akdeniz University-TÖMER,
- The Turkish Proficiency Certificate awarded by a Yunus Emre Institution.
Candidates who have reached the required Certificate of Turkish Proficiency standard (C1 ad C2) may begin their courses at Akdeniz University.
Candidates who do not submit the required Turkish Proficiency Certificate before they start their courses will be given a deferment for a period of one year after registration. This is to allow them to improve their standard of Turkish Proficiency to the required level. Candidates who achieve the required Turkish Proficiency Certificate at the end of their 1st deferment period will be permitted to start their courses at the beginning of the following academic year. Candidates will have their registrations cancelled if they fail to reach the required standard in the Turkish Proficiency Examination in the two years following their registration in the Turkish Education Programme.
-Transfer procedures for the students who want to transfer to Akdeniz University from the universities in a foreign country are carried in accordance with the principles which will be determined by the Higher Education Council.
- Transfer from the Private Higher Education Institutions which are not signified in the Guide to ÖSYS (Guide to Student Selection and Placement Exam) in the year students were admitted will not be allowed.
Applications must be made to the relevant unit of Akdeniz University, and the letter of application must clearly state which educational programme the student is applying for. The application must be submitted between the dates announced through the online application system, and must have the following documents attached;
-Transcript (An original official document issued by the institution from which the student is transferring which lists the lessons which the student has taken, and the grades which the student has been awarded in these lessons accompanied by the Grade Conversion Table.
- A Certificate of Education
- For programmes in which the courses are totally or partially offered in a foreign language, an authorized copy of the Foreign Language Preparation Certificate awarded to students who have attended the Foreign Language Preparation Class, is required if the student’s transcript does not include the acceptable level of foreign language proficiency.
- A document which shows that the student has not been the subject of any disciplinary action, or received any form of punishment.
- An authorised copy of central placement examination results certificate (ÖSYM) which shows that the student is qualified to take up a place in a higher education institution.
- An official document which shows that a candidate who is applying for transfer from evening classes to full-time formal education has achieved grades which place him or her in the top 10% of his or her class at the end of the academic year.
- Course Contents
- Students applying for a transfer must attach to their application a list of lessons, and documents relating to the student rating system from their home university.
Important note: Notarized Turkish translation of the required documents (from an embassy or accredited translator) must be submitted.
- In cases in which there are courses which the student did not take in the previous semesters, students may be required to attend an Adaptation Programme with additional courses.
- When evaluating applications for transfers from abroad, the time limit imposed on credit transfers as specified in Article 7/1/b of ‘The Regulations on Course Issues, Examinations and Success Assessment of Akdeniz University’ is not taken into consideration for courses which the student has previously taken.
- Comparisons between courses which the student has previously taken, and the courses offered in the diploma programme to which the student has applied to transfer will be made by the relevant commissions, and a decision will be made about which semester or grade the student will start on according to the following criteria;
- If the total number of ECTS credits of the exempted courses is from 1 to 39 ECTS, the student will study on year 1 of the course;
- If the total number of ECTS credits of the exempted courses is from 40 to 99 ECTS, the student will study on year 2 of the course;
- If the total number of ECTS credits of the exempted courses is from 100 to 159 ECTS, the student will study on year 3 of the course;
- If the total number of ECTS credits of the exempted courses is at least 160 ECTS or more, the student will study on year 4 of the course.
- In programmes for which the Pass-Fail grading system is used, the student must take any missing courses the year before starting his or her studies in the academic year to which the student has been transferred.
- Within the Adaptation Process, successfully completed courses which have previously been taken will be transferred and they will be included for calculating the GPA.
- In cases where the courses which the student has previously taken were not indicated in the transcript as being assessed by the ‘’letter grade system’’, these courses will be accepted at a grade of ‘’CC’, in accordance with principles set out in ‘The Regulation on Course Issues, Examination and Success Assessment of Akdeniz University’.
- Transfer students are allowed to start the academic year at the same time with current students. Registration process is completed by confirmation letter which is signed by the applicant for agreeing the adaptation process and the curriculum.
TABLE 1: QUOTAS FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
|FACULTIES||DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES||GRADE 1||GRADE 2||GRADE 3||GRADE 4|
|FACULTY OF LETTERS||Geography||5||5|
|German Language and Literature||3|
|FACULTY OF EDUCATION||Turkish Language Teaching||2||2|
|Social Science Teaching||2||2|
|Primary Education Mathematics||1||1|
|Guidance and Psychological Counselling||2||2|
|Primary School Teaching||2||2|
|Teaching Special Education||2||2|
|FACULTY OF SCIENCE||Biology||3||3||3||3|
|Space Science and Technologies||2||2||2||2|
|FACULTY OF FINE ARTS||Painting||1||1|
|Traditional Turkish Handicrafts||2||2||2||2|
|Cinema and Television||2||2||2||2|
|FACULTY OF THEOLOGY||Theology||5||5||5||5|
|FACULTY OF ENGINEERING||Environmental Engineering||2||2||2||2|
|Computer Engineering(%100 English)||1||1||1||1|
|FACULTY OF FISHERIES||Fishery Engineering||5||4||4|
|SERİK FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||Economy and Finance||2||2||2||2|
|FACULTY OF APPLIED SCIENCES||Marketing||3||2|
|Marketing ( Evening Course)||3||2|
|MANAVGAT FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES||Gastronomy and Culinary Arts||3||3||3||3|
|Gastronomy and Culinary Arts(Evening Course)||3||3||3||3|
|Tour Guiding( Evening Course)||2||2||2|
|FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE||Field Crops||1||1|
|Agricultural Structures and Irrigation||2||2|
|Agricultural Machinery and Technology Engineering||3||3|
|KEMER FACULTY OF MARITIME||Maritime Business Management||1||1||1|
|KUMLUCA FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES||Nursing||1||1|
|FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION||Public Relations and Publicity||1||1||1||1|
|Public Relations and Publicity ( Evening Course)||1||1||1|
|Radio, Cinema and Television||1||1||1||1|
|radio, Cinema and Television ( Evening Course)||1||1||1|
|Journalism ( Evening Course)||1||1||1|
|FACULTY OF TOURISM||Tourism Management||2||2|
|Tourism Management (English)||1||1|
|Gastronomy and Culinary Arts||2||2|
|FACULTY OF SPORTS SCIENCE||Physical Education and Sports Teaching||1||1|
TABLE 2: QUOTAS FOR ASSOCIATE PROGRAMMES
|VOCATIOAL SCHOOLS||PROGRAMMES||GRADE 1||GRADE 2|
|FİNİKE VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||Horticulture Science||1||1|
|Maritime and Port Management||1||1|
|Tourism and Hotel Management||1||1|
|Fruit and Vegetable Processing Technologies||1||1|
|KORKUTELİ VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||Horticultural Science|
|Finance (Evening Course)|
|Accounting and Tax Practices|
|Electronic Communications Technology|
|MANAVGAT VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||Accounting and Tax Applications||1||1|
|Tourism and Travel Services||1||1|
|Tourism and Hotel Management||1||1|
|Accounting and Tax Applications(Evening Course)||1||1|
|Tourism and Hotel Management(Evening Course)||1||1|
|Computer Programming(Evening Course)||1||1|
|Business Management(Evening Course)||1||1|
|KUMLUCA VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||Greenhouse Techniques||2|
|Accounting and Tax Practices||2|
|ELMALI VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||Accounting and Tax Practices||5||5|
|Civil Defence and Fire- Fighting||5||5|
|SERİK GÜLSÜN-SÜLEYMAN SÜRAL VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||Traditional Handicrafts||3|
|Public Relations and Advertising||3|
|Health Institutions Management||3|
|Stage and Decor Design||3|
|Tourism and Hotel Management||3|
|DEMRE DR. HASAN ÜNAL VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||Tourist Guiding||5||5|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL OF TECHNICAL SCIENCES||Computer Programming||1|
|Computer Programming(Evening Course)||1|
|Biomedical Device Technology||1|
|Biomedical Device Technology(Evening Course)||1|
|Environmental Protection and Control||1|
|Electronic Communications Technology||1|
|Gas and Instalment Technology||1|
|Land Registration and Maps||1|
|Land Registration and Maps(Evening Course)||1|
|Air-conditioning and Cooling Technology||1|
|Construction Technology (Evening Course)||1|
|Control and Automation Technology||1|
|Machine Technology (Evening Course)||1|
|Furniture and Decoration||1|
|Automotive Technology (Evening Course)||1|
|Civil Defence and Fire- fighting||1|
|Civil Defence and Fire- fighting(Evening Course)||1|
|Building Control(Evening Course)||1|
|Organic Agriculture (Evening Course)||1|
|Nuclear Technology and Radiation Security||1|
|Nuclear Technology and Radiation Security(Evening Course)||1|
|Geographic Information Systems||1|
|Geographic Information Systems (Evening Course)||1|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL OF HEALTH SERVICES||First and Urgent Aid||2||2|
|First and Urgent Aid(Evening Course)||2||2|
|Medical Laboratory Techniques||2||2|
|Medical Laboratory Techniques(Evening Course)||2||2|
|Medical Imaging Techniques||2||2|
|Medical Imaging Techniques(Evening Course)||2||2|
|Physical Therapy(Evening Course)||2||2|
|Care of the Elderly||2||2|
|Care of the Elderly(Evening Course)||2||2|
|Medical Documentation and
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES||Banking and Insurance||3|
|Banking and Insurance(Evening Course)||3|
|Office Management and Executive Assistant||3|
|Office Management and Executive Assistant(Evening Course)||3|
|Call Centre Services||3|
|Call Centre Services(Evening Course)||3|
|Public Relations and Advertising||3|
|Public Relations and Advertising(Evening Course)||3|
|Business Management(Evening Course)||3|
|Private Security and Guarding||3|
|Private Security and Guarding(Evening Course)||3|
|Media and Communication||3|
|Media and Communication(Evening Course)||1|
|Accounting and Tax Practices||4|
|Accounting and Tax Practices(Evening Course)||4|
|Civil Aviation Management||3|
|Civil Aviation Management(Evening Course)||3|
|Social Services(Evening Course)||3|
|Tourism and Hotel Management||3|
|Tourism and Hotel Management(Evening Course)||3|
|Tourism and Hotel Management(Distance Education||3|
|Tourism and Travel Services||3|
|Tourism and Travel Services(Evening Course)||3|
|VOCATIONAL SCHOOL OF JUSTICE||Justice||5|
|GÖYNÜK VOCATIONAL SCHOOL||Culinary Arts||1|
Son güncelleme: 1.11.2022 10:54:22